If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

NEW ARCHIVE GALLERY

Discussion in 'Photography' started by FlyingScotsman4472, May 8, 2015.

1. FlyingScotsman4472

FlyingScotsman4472 Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I'm currently working on a new gallery called 'Steam Reflections that will show my collection of glass plate,medium format negatives and original 35mm slides. Already uploaded is the GNR-LNER section

http://simonlathlane.zenfolio.com/p863925426

Followed by the BR-Eastern Region which I will be working on over the weekend. To be followed by the other areas LMS-GWR-SR . If you can add or correct anything in the descriptions then please get in touch. Please bookmark the page thanks.

Cheers,Simon

bakabung likes this.
  2. Duty Druid

Duty Druid Resident of Nat Pres

Yes I am an active volunteer
    Absolutely fascinating & wonderful, Simon.

Thank you for sharing, keep them coming. :)

3. FlyingScotsman4472

Thanks Duty Druid for your feedback which was much appreciated. You might like to know that I have now uploaded some more images under the title British Railways-Eastern Region Kings Cross-Grantham. So far I have uploaded the images up to Hadley Wood but more to follow. Hope you enjoy thanks.

http://simonlathlane.zenfolio.com/p182809350

Now uploading the images for Newark on Trent-Edinburgh Waverley a few uploaded so far but more to follow.

http://simonlathlane.zenfolio.com/p840200634

Last edited: May 10, 2015
    gwalkeriow likes this.
  4. ragl

ragl Well-Known Member

Consultant Engineer
    Excellent stuff there Simon, I have been following your page on David Heys wonderful website for a while - http://www.davidheyscollection.com/page73.htm - (if any others reading would like to see). You have created a superb collection of photographs, keep up the good work. Also, your own contemporary railway photography is very considered and well executed. Many thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Alan

5. FlyingScotsman4472

Hello Alan,Firstly many thanks for your kind feedback with regards the collection. The David Hey site is one of the best on the Internet bringing together a fine collection of railway images from all over the UK. I feel very privileged that David included my collection and also some of my own work on his website. It is fabulous to purchase these old glass plates and to work on them in PS gives me great pleasure to see them displayed for everyone to enjoy. A small token of thanks to the talented photographers who took them all those years ago. I've now finished the folders on the GNR-LNER and currently working on the LMS images to upload. May I also say a big thank you for your kind words with regards my own railway photography.

Cheers.....Simon

6. Duty Druid

Duty Druid Resident of Nat Pres

Yes I am an active volunteer
    Them's nice! :)