If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

New For 2011

Discussion in 'Model Railways' started by 34014, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Robert Heath No.6

Robert Heath No.6 Well-Known Member

Surely it's not beyond the skill of any reasonable modeller to take the plates off if they don't want them? I might just have to buy a C class, not especially appropriate for my layout, but worth a punt to help convince bachmann that more unusual models will sell!

2. David-Haggar

David-Haggar Member

Water Meter Reader
    Well yes I agree with that in principle. Any reasonable modeller should be able to remove them if they did come with nameplates already on, but my skills are rather "limited" and the damage risk that could potentially happen when trying to prise them off would worry me. Hopefully Bachmann won't bring out 9017 with the Earl Of Berkeley nameplates on. If nameplates do come with the loco I hope they're packed in the box seperately so to give the customer the option to glue them on themselves.

3. Dan Hamblin

Dan Hamblin Part of the furniture

Rolling Stock Engineer
    It does say on the webiste listing 'as preserved', so I assume the nameplates will be fitted.

Regards,

Dan

4. David-Haggar

David-Haggar Member

Water Meter Reader
    True, but the thumbnail photo of it on the webpage shows the loco when it had just been repainted into black on the Llangollen without the nameplates. Also it's listed just as 9017 and the name "Earl Of Berkeley" isn't included in the description. I guess we'll just have to wait (hopefully not too long) and see.

5. 34014

34014 Member

Retired
    Yippee, a 'C' at last. One of the great workhorses of the Southern. Now we need 'Q' and a '700',not to mention half a dozen tank types.

6. David-Haggar

David-Haggar Member

Water Meter Reader
    Yes, I have to say Bachmann's 2011 range has totally out trumped Hornby's 2011 list this time around.

7. RASDV

RASDV Member

Sorry to disappoint, but I think Bachmann already have a lot of new models in the pipeline, left over releases from last year, so I reckon it will be a little while before we see any of the new models that have just been announced. Personally, I think Bachmann have done a good, creative job with this year's catalogue pleasing plenty of modelers.
    Top marks to Bachmann for sticking their neck out with the C class, but I doubt I'll buy one, I'd probably buy the 'Earl' instead, or the LT pannier (maybe/ I wish/ if only I won the lottery!)

8. Bulleid Pacific

Bulleid Pacific Part of the furniture

A Thingy...
    Well, I'm thanking goodness that Bachmann has bitten the bullet and taken on a Southern/SECR design, particularly as SECR locos (I tend to count the Ns as more Southern than SECR) seem to be a poor relation compared to the LSWR (probably due to a lack of 'glam' factor), and at least the A1X has been produced for the LB&SCR. I'm definitely getting one when its out and as funds permit. Now for an RTR U class model featuring the running plate variations between the K class rebuilds and the production batch...

9. 6254

6254 New Member

Does anyone think a Q6 may be in the pipeline at some point?

10. 46236

46236 Well-Known Member

lord of the manor
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    View attachment 7911001.jpg
    in that case u may like this May 1956, Swindon. Newly outshopped after overhaul.

1 person likes this.
  11. 7911

7911 New Member

Oh yes, that'll do very nicely!

12. 73129

73129 Part of the furniture

This seems a good place to put this. I've copied this from the MHR web site.

http://www.watercressline.co.uk/News/Latest/View/450