If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

North Norfolk Steam Gala September

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by dace83, Jun 29, 2010.

1. NNR.76079

NNR.76079 New Member

Student
    i can now confirm the locomotives for the gala. (Please note that all train services and attractions are subject to amendment or cancellation without notice. The NNR cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience or disappointment caused.)

J15 65462,
    56xx 5619,
    Black 5 44767,
    9F 92212,
    Ring Haw 1982 and
    'Surprise Guest Loco'.......... (drum roll)........... National Railway Museum owned N15 King Arthur Class loco 30777 'Sir Lamiel' :D the only downside to this is that WCR and NR haven't confirmed timings for its LE over Sheringham Crossing and so that there is no implications on daily services 30777 maybe delievered at 03:00am.

Another guest loco may also be coming, we are at the moment however unsure on this.

After its damages, N7 69621 is highly unlikely to be in gala.

9F 92212 will be on the Saturday evening dining train (limited seating for non-diners),
    there will be goods trains running and Breakfast on the first dining trains of the each day.

hope many of you can come to the gala :D.

Josh

2. kieranhardy

kieranhardy Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    *cough*

3. steamingyorkshire

steamingyorkshire Well-Known Member

Lecturer
    I'll go book my accommodation then =] Anyone recommend any decent campsites near to the railway? Simon

4. kieranhardy

kieranhardy Well-Known Member

There is one at Kelling Heath which is close to Kelling heath halt, never been there though. I usually stay at one between East & West Runton which is right near the cliff tops. About a 5 minute drive to NNR. Link to the campsite:

http://www.woodhill-park.com/

5. bufferstopbertie

bufferstopbertie New Member

Can I just reply to a few of the comments on this thread? 'Surprise gust loco' was put on the website list of loco's, as a way of pointing out that we are still looking for loco's. We did not intend to keep this 'secret' until the gala, but we didn't want to advertise a loco, and then find we couldn't get it (learning a lesson from March) therefore dissapointing people. I am still looking for one more loco to add to the lineup.

In answer to other questions - I am not banking on Y7 or Wissington (Y7 has been steam tested, and I believe Wissie will be done very very soon). Ring Haw will get a full diagram, depending on 69621. I was thinking that if 69621 was back, this would take the turn, but we shall see.

As has been mentioned, the normal gala timetable will be in operation, and will be available in a booklet on the day.

As for campsites, there are a few dotted along the coast towards Cromer, or Beck Farm on the road from Weybourne.

See you all there!!

6. Robert Heath No.6

Robert Heath No.6 Well-Known Member

:clap2:

7. NNR.76079

NNR.76079 New Member

Student
    quite right kieran, at the time that 30777 was first mentioned, i obviously already knew but wasnt allowed to say, but i asked one of the guy's on the NNR board, this morning if it was okay to advertise 30777.

8. NNR.76079

NNR.76079 New Member

Student
    just remember what 'bufferstopbertie' said this is dependent on 69621, however due to a sizeable list of repairs that 69621 needs it unlikely that it will be in the gala, even if it does return to the NNR near the end of August.

Still come along, as i'm sure ring haw will be around the railway.

Josh :D

9. Robert Heath No.6

Robert Heath No.6 Well-Known Member

Well if Ring Haw doesn't end up working during the gala I'll just go for it on a normal day instead, but the gala atmosphere's always nice :lol:

10. NNR.76079

NNR.76079 New Member

Student
    its highly likely that Ring Haw will be in the gala, so still come along

11. isport

isport New Member

Great news about 30777, subject to all the usual.
    Does anyone know if the loco comes with support coach and if so how does it negotiate Cromer,unless towed from Norwich? Therefore will it be facing Holt or Sheringham on the NNR. Tender first from Norwich to Cromer I hope. Early days to know this detail but would be useful for photos etc. Can anyone help?

12. dace83

dace83 Well-Known Member

Good stuff, hope I will see it in the papers soon then

Any chance of new rolling stock being out this time?

13. NNR.76079

NNR.76079 New Member

Student
    in answer to your question isport, we hope 30777 will arrive on the railway with support coach facing holt, which means it there will be a diesel at front leaving Norwich, then once at Cromer 30777 will be on the front pulling into NNR.
    The diesel will then uncouple and run back to Norwich on its own, leaving 30777 and support coach at NNR. All this is why we think the LE run will be either early morning or between the bittern line service at 19:45 and 21xx, so to minimize the impact on the service during the day.
    We are also not sure what day it will arrive, but i will let you know as soon as i do.

in answer to dace.83's question, we are still unsure what rolling stock will feature, but again as soon as i know i will let you know.

Hope this helps and hope to see you there (look out for a 15 year-old lad either in a white shirt, black trousers and NNR tie, or with a NETWORK RAIL hi-viz vest on during the gala)

14. isport

isport New Member

NNR.76079. Thanks for this info. I look forward to further updates. I will look out for you. Try and keep your hi-viz turned down as much as you can! I know it is for Health and Safety and you are part of the NNR but I have a thing about people wearing hi-viz when not necessary. This of course has all been discussed before on many forums. Good luck for a great gala.

15. NNR.76079

NNR.76079 New Member

Student
    Don't worry, i'll mainly wear it when i'm on the lineside. I know what you mean :D

16. Pesmo

Pesmo Member

Looking forward to this. Excellent campsite at Kelling Heath booked (handy that it has its own halt on the NNR) gala ticket purchased in advance, so I am ready.

17. NNR.76079

NNR.76079 New Member

Student
    Quick update: still no more know about 30777's arrival, all locos that have been mentioned should (due to aviablaibity) be in service and the MAY be an addition to the line-up however nothing can be mentioned yet.

18. isport

isport New Member

Thanks for the update. Is the timetable going to be on the NNR web site soon? I am sure it is difficult to finalise until everything is confirmed.

19. NNR.76079

NNR.76079 New Member

Student
    Well the guy that does the timetable has done two versions, one with the loco in and one without, i'm not sure when it will be on the website, but i know he was aiming to get the volunteers version done by this weekend

20. bufferstopbertie

bufferstopbertie New Member

I can now announce the final guest loco for our gala. GCR based 3F 47406 has, in the last hour, been confirmed as available to visit. I would like to place on record my, and those of the NNR, huge thanks to both Roger, the loco's owner and to Martin at the GC for making this possible.

Now that this has been tied up, I am hoping to have a timetable on the website by the weekend (and can at last file the 'other' timetable!!) and full working timetables will be available with rover tickets and from all stations on the day.

I look forward to seeing as many people as possible over the course of the weekend (I'll be the harrassed looking one at Sheringham, drinking vast amounts of coffee!!).