If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

NRM Mallard gathering events announced - £90 for a photo evening!

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by Macko, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Spamcan81

Spamcan81 Nat Pres stalwart

Training moles
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Rattle the donations tin on the day. From experience I know that photographers can be quite generous with the "grip" if they've had a good day.

2. nanstallon

nanstallon Part of the furniture

Retired
    Fair enough, and good luck with your venture. You are providing a spectacle that many will appreciate. The NRM does a great job and it has to be paid for somehow.

John

3. Spamcan81

Spamcan81 Nat Pres stalwart

Training moles
    There will be those to whom photography is not the "be all and end all" who will still find this good value for money, myself included. For me it's a rare and probably unrepeatable opportunity to see all surviving A4s together in something like a Top Shed scenario.

4. THE DUKE

THE DUKE New Member

PROPERTY SERVICES
    I am in shock as to the choice of times these events are due to take place, early morning, late evening, winter, or the few weeks around the York museum turntable in summer inside, and I am sure photography of the 6 in one shot not possible .I feel they should have looked at locations to hold all six together Barrow hill as an example.I attended the last A4 event which I enjoyed(couldnt do much about the weather then) .I would have paid the same again elsewhere but it looks like my only option will be Shildon in February in 2014(not the photo event).I bet daylight hours will be the most attended period as it gives you more chance of getting them in a small glimmer of sunlight all together.I am a totally amateur photographer and want a shot of the 6 together.I just hope I will be lucky enough to get that shot at Shildon .Roll on Feb 2014. Heres hoping they have not released all the event dates of the A4's for 2013 but I doubt it .Hope it goes well and they do make a wad of cash regardless of what I moan about but I wanted to say something about this(sorry)

5. Sir Nigel Gresley

Sir Nigel Gresley Member

Retired Soldier of Fortune
    Akin to the air force tradition of leaving a gap in the formation out of respect for a crashed/shot-down comrade, how about parading 3 locos either side of the turntable road where "Sir Ralph Wedgwood" was destroyed?

6. ADB968008

ADB968008 Guest

Or display 4472's tender on that road (it's the right livery), and it was afterall only the tender that survived.

7. annesi

annesi New Member

Unemployed
    Dear All

When I visited the museum this Sunday Ellerman Lines has been moved to the other end of the Main Hall right next door to Evening Star. I suspected this could be the plan as staff had roped off the area around E. L. and appeared to be moving the display when I was at the museum on Tuesday evening (26th). Western Fusilier is on the road formally occupied by Ellerman Lines at present.

This will give a line up of 6 consecutive roads in the better area of the museum for photography/viewing (much to my relief) if the Q1is also moved from its present position.

Anne