If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

NVR 'Industrials' Weekend

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by Nathanjw032, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Nathanjw032

Nathanjw032 New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Come and join in at an NVR first, "Industrials" is a weekend event over the 25/26 April, organised by the NVR Small Loco Group, join our service train hauled by Hunslet 1982 'Ring Haw' in one of its last running weekends at NVR, carrying the small loco group headboard on all trains.

Photograph Hudswell Clarke 1539 'Derek Crouch' at the head of a small freight train in front of the old station building at Wansford, perfect for photo opportunities, and providing cab access where you can, for a small donation, sound the whistle of Derek Crouch.

Visit Danish F class 656 'Tinkerbell' progressing through overhaul and listen to talks providing information on the loco and what is needed to complete the overhaul.

See Hunslet 1953 'Jacks Green' on Wansford turntable and listen to talks regarding the history, current state and what the future holds for this local resident.

Take to the footplate of Ring Haw between wansford - Yarwell and return with a footplate pass! These are priced at £25 each and our limited to four a day, so don't miss out!

Our famous small loco group cake stall will be returning again, along with a stall selling small gifts and a variety of other items.

http://nvr.org.uk/events/industrials

Attached Files:

2. cksteam

cksteam New Member

Nathan,

This looks good but am I reading that right there's only one moving train? If so is it not worth splitting the mk1 rake a getting no22 out?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

3. 7822WelshSteam

7822WelshSteam Member

Would it be very naughty of me to say Taurus?

4. chrishallam

chrishallam Member

I believe the intention/belief is that 22 will be off site at the time and not available

5. cksteam

cksteam New Member

Ah, well that's a shame. It's a long trip for me personally for one train.
    Thanks for the quick reply though Chris. Ill keep an eye out in case that changes.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

6. Nathanjw032

Nathanjw032 New Member

Hi,
    Yeh unfortunately 22 is leaving sometime during March to return home for an intermediate overhaul, if a second loco had been available I would have looked at utilising it, this is th first time we have organised an event, if it is popular this year we can look at extending it for next year :)