If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

'Railway Reflections' by Stuart Sellar

Discussion in 'Photography' started by steam_mad, Jan 31, 2022.

1. steam_mad

steam_mad Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    'Railway Reflections' is a new book by long-serving SRPS volunteer and well known Scottish railwayman Stuart Sellar. The author and editor generously provided their materials and services gratuitously, so all proceeds from the book are retained by the SRPS. Available to purchase online for £18 including UK P&P here: https://shop.srps.org.uk/index.php/product/railway-reflections/

Blurb:
    "Stuart Sellar realised that the railway scene was about to change dramatically particularly with the elimination of steam traction. His railway career created opportunities that allowed him to record the passing of the steam locomotive and with 140 photographs this book includes a selection of images all taken in Scotland. Many personal memories and anecdotes are incorporated into the captions adding greatly to the quality of this book which will enhance any railway enthusiast’s library.

A member of the Scottish Railway Preservation Society almost since its very beginning, Stuart has been an active volunteer in many areas of the railway at both its original Falkirk base and at Bo’ness. His wish is that all the profits from the sale of the book go into the SRPS funds."

What people say:
    • “This is an excellent book! Great pics and captions. Well worth the cost.”
    • “Fantastic book. Highly recommended.”
    • “I’ve just received Stuart’s book and thought that I’d compliment him and the SRPS for such a treasure. It is superb and I will enjoy it again and again.”
    Screenshot-2021-12-07-at-18.45.20.png Screenshot-2021-12-07-at-19.05.52.png Screenshot-2021-12-07-at-18.16.33.png