If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

RAILWAY WEBCAMS

Discussion in 'Links' started by LSWR, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Cealgekeerm

Cealgekeerm New Member

at motivus next to Kampi near the railway station I found was a good choice. you can buy a cityshopper card for 25 euros. Then you get half off on the membership fees plus half off for the first four months that you use the fitness center.

2. Webcam watchers might visit the Minehead webcam this evening (4 Dec) when three steam trains arrive with Dunster-by-Candlelight specials. There will be some shunting of stock too. The first train arrives at 5.40pm and the last (a double header) departs at 9.30pm.

And of course the Bishops Lydeard webcams will cover the departures (4.30pm, 5.15pm and 5.30pm) and arrivals (9.27pm and 10.37pm).

And guess what - there's almost a repeat performance on Saturday evening (and who will stay up for the 11.23pm arrival at Minehead?).

Webcams at www.wsr.org.uk

[​IMG]

Steve
    (WSW)

3. George A

George A New Member

college student
  4. 34007

34007 Part of the furniture

Would we get a shot like that on the Webcam??

5. Scorpian04111986

Scorpian04111986 Member

I install Commercial and Domestic Oil Tanks all ov
  6. Calan

Calan Member

Student & Volunteer.
    I have mentioned it to the KESR's GM, he didn't seem interested even though it would help revenue and security.

7. It's nearly 9.45pm and there are two steamers out on the WSR and one diesel train too.

See the steamer (Carol Train) and diesel (GBRf ECS from Taunton) arrive at Bishops Lydeard's webcam at:
    http://www.wsr.org.uk/webcam2.htm
    and the other steamer (Carol Train) arrive at Minehead at:
    http://www.wsr.org.uk/webcam3.htm

Steve
    (WSW)

8. Kingscross

Kingscross Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Strathspey webcam

Just noticed that one of the many webcams on the Scottish skiing website "winterhighland" looks out over the Southern end of Aviemore mainline/Strathspey Railway station - you might catch a loco running round on this!

http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/aviemore/

9. 34007

34007 Part of the furniture

I agree with you on this one - It would certainly help with revenue and Security and I think 2 webcams should certainly be placed at Tenterden and on Rolvenden platforms. Possibly 2 in total; with 1 camera looking into Rolvenden at the end of the yard?

10. dace83

dace83 Well-Known Member

11. Calan

Calan Member

Student & Volunteer.

I agree. Suggestions obviously don't work..

12. pnemickey

pnemickey Member

Archaeologist
    There is a webcam situated on the wcml at euxton with accompanying chatroom. the site can be found at www.wcmlcam.org.uk Anyone who wishes to partake in the chatroom banter would need to log in and register their chosen nickname, also send an email with the chosen nickname to admin@wcmlcam.org.uk

13. Axe

Axe Member

Retired (Electronics Engineer)
    Most of you are probably aware of the webstreaming webcam showing a view along the main platform at Minehead on the West Somerset Railway.

clickythingy here >>> http://www.wsr.org.uk/webcam3.htm

On a recent visit to the line I decided to turn the tables on the WSR and photograph the camera watching the trains....

DSCF1911.JPG

Chris

14. pnemickey

pnemickey Member

Archaeologist
    www.railcam.org.uk has now been launched as the UK's premier railway webcam site. featured are live streaming from the wcml at Euxton and the ECML at Cramlington

15. I'm sorry to report the chance of the Minehead Webcam returning is extremely unlikely. This is due to the difficulties in overcoming the rather complicated technical arrangements that allowed the webcam to operate. Suffice to say here that it was not a standard installation. If anyone wants to know more please PM me.

I'm sure a webcam at Minehead Station (different position, different technical arrangements) will be online at some stage in the future.

It's not all bad news though as I'm hopeful of a new webcam, at another WSR station, online soon.

Steve

16. shedbasher

shedbasher Member

musician
    Chinnor Railway have one

17. VolunteerCoord

VolunteerCoord New Member

Retired
    The Talyllyn Railway has one looking at activity in Pendre yard, it is experimental at the moment but can be found at

Pendre Webcam | Talyllyn Railway

Enjoy looking at what is going on.

18. pnemickey

pnemickey Member

Archaeologist
    We now have a webcam overlooking the seawall at Dawlish. to view this and our other four webcams, visit RailCam - Home of live Railway Webcams in the UK Today you can view Tornado and the Duke passing Dawlish at 1117, returning this evening and 6233 passing our Euxton cam this evening. gen and times available in our chat room.

19. Bishops Lydeard: The streaming webcam (the one looking south) at Bishops Lydeard has failed. Subsequently both webcams were taken offline. Fundraising underway. Good news is that a new webcam is to be installed in a new position and hopefully commissioned by the end of June. Meantime, the former "stills" webcam (the one looking north) is now streaming images http://www.wsr.org.uk/cam2.htm although this is a temporary arrangement until the new one is online.
    Crowcombe: Work continues on improving the webcam but is mightily hampered by a very poor internet connection in this remote area.
    Blue Anchor: there is talk of installing a webcam here.
    Dunster: again there is talk of installing a webcam here.
    Minehead: several webcam initiatives underway but no firm news as yet.

Steve

20. mdewell

mdewell Well-Known Member Friend

UK & Ireland Heritage Railways Webmaster
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Recent messages mentioning webcams prompted me to do a bit of a survey of heritage railways with webcams. I found enough of them to make it worthwhile adding appropriate links to the Websites Database at http://www.heritage-railways.com/linksdb/links.php (Select Webcams category). Hope you enjoy. :)

PS. Pleasantly surprised to see how much activity there is on the railways on a Thursday (although I suppose we are in the main 'season' now).

6960 Raveningham Hall likes this.