If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Redundant Rolling Stock on National Network

Discussion in 'Heritage Rolling Stock' started by mogulb, Jun 13, 2011.

1. ADB968008

ADB968008 Guest

In stored in sidings and departmental use I would imagine there's a fair few, at least 100... by any major city you'll find 4 -5 abandoned in sidings, most former departmental coaches.
    what state their in is a different question.

I have wondered why Network Rail has never had a clear out of the abandoned stock on the network, must be worth a fair bit if weighed in.

2. pmh_74

pmh_74 Well-Known Member

They have, on numerous occasions, and several unique vehicles have been cut up over recent years as a result. People reminding the powers that be where these things are don't always help...

3. lynbarn

lynbarn Well-Known Member

Working in the NHS as a Maintenance Electrician
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Hi Guys, the comment by PMH are very valid, it has recently come to my attention that there are some SR Bogie vans which don't have a hope in hell in being moved from where they are at present.

It appears that a new round of selling off the family silver is about to take place as DB Schenker (http://www.dbschenker.com/ho-en/products_services/start/) have started to sell off a number of items of late.