If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Ron Connor trading as Model Rail Signs

Discussion in 'Model Railways' started by Robert F, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Robert F

Robert F New Member

Does anyone have some up-to-date status information on this trader? He makes replica BR totem signs, trading from a stand at model railway exhibitions and has a website modelrailsigns.co.uk from which you can place an order. I have a long-outstanding paid-for order but Ron is not replying to direct email, text, query through his website contact form, or telephone message. I just want my order fulfilled or my money back.

Sadly it seems others have had similar problems with him in the past https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/i...way-modelling/&do=findComment&comment=3523467

Buyer beware!

Rob

2. The Green Howards

The Green Howards Part of the furniture Friend

Layabout
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    If you ordered by credit card, take it up with them.

3. Robert F

Robert F New Member

Debit card, not credit card. I've written an old-fashioned postal letter to Model Rail Signs (remember those?) but asking my bank to act on the debit is a future possibility.

4. Andy C

Andy C New Member

Yes I am an active volunteer
    I would advise from experience contacting your bank sooner rather than later if you need to go down the chargeback route - there is normally a time limit from purchase/payment/expected delivery for a chargeback to be requested. I believe there are some exceptions to the time limit, but your bank would need to tell you what these exceptions are.

Best
    Andy

5. Johnb

Johnb Part of the furniture

Retired, best job I've ever had
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    The lesson here is if it's over £100 always pay by credit card. I use mine for everything and it gives me a 1% cashback on most transactions. A variable direct debit pays off the outstanding balance each month

Bean-counter likes this.