If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Rother Valley Railway

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by nine elms fan, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Bikermike

Bikermike Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    A watched kettle (planning decision) never boils (arrives)...
    I have never tried to boil a planning decision though.

Reading the runes and guessing the outcome is fun, as long as all remember it makes no difference to the outcome

30854, jnc, alastair and 1 other person like this.
  2. H Cloutt

H Cloutt Member

Interesting updates posted over the last few days on the official RVR blog page. Here is a link to a progress report on the turntable. This will probably be installed before the result of the Public Inquiry!

Anybody wanting to be kept up to date on progress should consider joining the Supporters Association. Link here. Members receive a quarterly publication 'The Phoenix' which is very informative.

3. Mark Thompson

Mark Thompson Well-Known Member

The group have set themselves a very demanding set of criteria here, both with physical clearances and timelines, not to mention the ground type they have to utilise for the construction.
    And yet I don't doubt for one moment they will achieve this, probably with time to spare, and with their usual impeccable standards.

4. H Cloutt

H Cloutt Member

RVR have applied to Rother DC to vary conditions on their Planning Consent to allow for a phased approach to the development. You can view the planning application here.

Miff and jnc like this.