If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

RPSI new build LMS NCC 2-6-0 No 105

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by ghost, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Spamcan81

Spamcan81 Nat Pres stalwart

Training moles
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    And the International Bar Car once you're in the Cravens set. :)

ghost, Romsey and 30854 like this.
  2. MellishR

MellishR Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Much as I would love to see and ride behind this loco, I have two reasons for not donating at present. One is the amount of money that I have already donated and continue to donate to various other new build and rebuild projects. The other is uncertainty whether I will still be around by the time this one pulls its first train. The speed or otherwise of progress in the next year or two may influence a change of mind.

3. William Fletcher

William Fletcher Member

Yes I am an active volunteer
    I think you'll see this pull a train before a lot of other new builds this side of the Irish Sea, the speed and quality of the work, along with the subject has made this a prject I am happy to put cash into rather than some of the others, but person prederence and all that!

stuarttrains, 30854 and andrewshimmin like this.
  4. huochemi

huochemi Part of the furniture

No I do not currently volunteer
    Thank you for posting that and congratulations on progress to date. At the risk of asking something that no doubt others have asked, I see from NCC Saga that the locos came in versions with large and small tenders and I see you have decided on the latter, taking your description at face value. Is that because of aesthetics or some engineering/operational reason, or you just happen to have a small tender in stock?