If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

RTC 2015

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by Paul42, Dec 22, 2014.

1. chessie1

chessie1 New Member

Retired
    Perhaps it's time for RTC to examine their relationship with WCRC given the position they were put in due to the smoke and mirrors emanating from Carnforth.

No matter what assurances are given a leopard not only won't, but is incapable of changing its spots.

2. alastair

alastair Well-Known Member

Agreed,but isnt it the case that only WCRC have(or had) the capability to operate more than a tiny handful of RTC's tours? It is clear that DBS can't or won't get involved with most of the RTC-type tours. Unless WCRC come back(or something a bit like it arises from its ashes) then I fear that the UK side of RTC faces a very bleak future.

RayMason likes this.
  3. Moylesy98

Moylesy98 Guest

East Yorkshireman 9th May - CANCELLED

With regards to your booking on The East Yorkshireman on Saturday 9th May 2015 please be advised that this tour is being cancelled. The cancellation is due to operational restrictions which were put in place recently by Network Rail on West Coast Railways, and despite our own and West Coast Railways best efforts to arrange an alternative option, we have no choice but to cancel the East Yorkshireman tour which was scheduled for next Saturday. Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience this postponement may cause.

Please contact the office by telephone and we can arrange to either transfer you to the run on Saturday 30th May or arrange a full refund for you.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for the late notification of this postponement, due to a situation beyond our control, we hope that it will not cause you too much inconvenience and disappointment.

4. Bulleid Pacific

Bulleid Pacific Part of the furniture

A Thingy...
    30 May might as well be cancelled too, as I doubt there will be much going on so soon after the mid-May deadline set by the ORR.

5. spicer21

spicer21 Guest

It'll be interesting to see what Promoters do if the worst happens and WCR's safety licence is revoked by ORR. Will they still accept bookings, or simply say, don't call us, we'll call you. I don't think they'll want to cancel anything after the mid May deadline before it, in case it sets the hares running.

6. 26D_M

26D_M Part of the furniture

Take a look at @railwaytouring's Tweet: https://twitter.com/railwaytouring/status/595656730106830849?s=09 just a few moments ago. Displays optimism.

7. Spamcan81

Spamcan81 Nat Pres stalwart

Training moles
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
  8. Jamessquared

Jamessquared Nat Pres stalwart

Using the present tense for a start! A couple of "(e)d"s would have made a huge difference to the meaning. Maybe that would have broken the 140 character limit :rolleyes:

Tom

9. Spamcan81

Spamcan81 Nat Pres stalwart

Training moles
    Point taken but given the mistakes that appear often in RTC's publicity, is this Tweet similarly afflicted?

10. Dobbs0054

Dobbs0054 Member

Would I book any steam charter trip at this moment in time and hand over my hard earned??? Hell no!

11. Dobbs0054

Dobbs0054 Member

Cumbrian Coast Express 23rd May - cancelled. Passengers offered seats for the same trip on the 30th May.
    Reason given "operational reasons caused by engineering works." I've looked and all other trains are running between London/Preston Carlisle and Preston/Barrow/Carlisle that day. The route looks clear so the reason seems odd.

12. Robbo

Robbo Member

13. rule55

rule55 Member

No reason to think that booking, for example, with UK Railtours would be a risk to your hard-earned.

Choose carefully and I foresee no problem.

14. Dobbs0054

Dobbs0054 Member

fair point

15. Paul42

Paul42 Part of the furniture

Engineering works between Crewe and Warrington Bank Quay from 13:00 on the 23rd.
    From 13.00 on the 23rd Virgin Trains Trains between Crewe and Warrington Bank Quay will be diverted via Chester with extended journey times.
    From National Rail - Future Engineering works.

rule55 likes this.
  16. Dobbs0054

Dobbs0054 Member

Now makes sense. Had not looked that late in the day. But then, what a time to schedule work!

Did make me think though. Shame tour starts in London. Midlands or North start could have been up the Coast and down the S&C - what a trip!

17. 1020 Shireman

1020 Shireman Part of the furniture Friend

Relaxingly retired
    Anyone heard anything definitive about the Dartmouth Express? A friend who is usually reliable told me last week is will run but it's not a WCR train. But that was before the lifting of WRC's suspension.

RayMason likes this.
  18. malc

malc Part of the furniture

I believe it's going to be operated by DBS using 70000.

RayMason likes this.
  19. Dobbs0054

Dobbs0054 Member

Would be good PR for RTC to get a quick confirmation, if possible from WCRC on the tours over the next two or three weeks and give an update to customers to manage expectations. After GB8 this is needed.

spicer21 likes this.
  20. free2grice

free2grice Part of the furniture Friend

Retired Rolls-Royce engineer
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Britannia is at Barton Hill, Bristol at present and is facing Westbury. This is the correct direction of travel for a move to Westbury and the south-west. <BJ>

spicer21 and RayMason like this.