If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

RTC 2018

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by Paul42, Aug 18, 2017.

1. alastair

alastair Well-Known Member

Hop on board in 2018 using our Easter Eggstravaganza offer.

We are emailing you with details of our very special Easter discount offer.
    We are offering £25 per person off any daytrip in 2018 and £50 per person off any of our 2018 holidays (excluding Great Britain XI). The discount will be available until 9am on Tuesday 3rd April.

To claim your discount just hop over to www.railwaytouring.net, browse through and find your chosen daytrip or holiday and use the relevant code below when placing your booking.

For £25 off per person on a daytrip quote code EGG
    For £50 off per person on a holiday quote code BUN

This offer is available for new bookings only, subject to availability and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. All bookings are placed in line with our terms and conditions which are available to view on our website.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2018
  2. 30567

30567 Part of the furniture Friend

If only we knew which trips 45596 is going to do !

andalfi1 likes this.
  3. martin1656

martin1656 Nat Pres stalwart Friend

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I note with interest that RTC are running two Southern Tours in June/ July the Bournemouth belle and the one mentioned, I was under the impression that west coast was not operating any Southern tours , but here's the interesting bit, the July 9th run London to Yeovil , Yeovil to Weymouth returning down the SW main line I wonder will this feature 31806 running Yeovil to Yeymouth and banking the train to Southampton so what will be the main motive power ?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  4. torgormaig

torgormaig Part of the furniture Friend

I think you will find that The Railway Touring Company are running these trains, not West Coast - there is a difference. West Coast run a lot of their own trains, both steam and diesel hauled, but in this instance they are only the operator on behalf of RTC.

Peter

5. Gladiator 5076

Gladiator 5076 Part of the furniture

Martin exactly as Peter said, but there are also many other RTC trips down south if you look at the website. Dorset Coast Express to Weymouth, Royal Duchy to Par and West Somerset Steam Express to Minehead are the repeat itinerary's plus other one off trips.

6. 6026 King John

6026 King John Well-Known Member

At the moment the RTC literature says on the 9th July the Yeovil to Weymouth bit will be diesel hauled which also means a diesel banker upon leaving Weymouth. However like you I am just wondering whether it would be possible to get 31806 involved.

Of far more interest however is what the main loco for the day is going to be. The RTC are just saying a "Southern Pacific" at the moment, but assuming 35028 is not in the frame that leaves 34046 or dare I suggest 35018? I'm not sure if 34046 is being kept for Saphos trains these days or whether the RTC can use it too. If it's that or 35018 I'm definitely up for at least one of these tours. However if it turns out to be a Black 5 or something else that's hardly the way to celebrate the end of Southern Steam so I'm holding back on booking at the moment......

7. martin1656

martin1656 Nat Pres stalwart Friend

a fitting tribute would be for there to be a Bulleid involved and a southern mogul banking out of Weymouth but I think the icing on the cake will be if its a MN and it ends up double heading out of Weymouth mogul leading :)

8. MellishR

MellishR Resident of Nat Pres Friend

And the decorative icing on top of that would be the mogul staying on the front up Parkstone; but it's highly unlikely.

9. alastair

alastair Well-Known Member

Mayday Sale

We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to book on any of our forthcoming daytrips or holidays using our special Mayday Sale code to obtain a discount of £25 per person on any daytrip booking or £100 per person on any holiday booking. This special discount is available throughout the Bank Holiday weekend from now until midnight on Monday 7th May.

To claim your discount for daytrip bookings please quote code MAYS to receive your £25 per person discount.
    For holiday bookings the code to quote for a £100 per person discount is MAYT.
    Please note there is no limit on the number of bookings you can make using these codes over the Bank Holiday Weekend. This offer is subject to availability, for new bookings only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.

For your information our office will be closed on Bank Holiday Monday, bookings can be made throughout the weekend online at http://www.railwaytouring.net

10. 5098

5098 Well-Known Member

Just been told that the East Yorkshireman, Manchester -Scarborough on 9 June, has been cancelled, and as it doesn't appear in RTC's current listing I assume the information is correct.

11. John Petley

John Petley Part of the furniture

Researcher/writer and composer of classical music
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    RTC Christmas trips have now been posted. (Scrolling down is required) Eastbourne and Sherborne as usual, Winchester & Salisbury combined into a single train, less trips to Bath than usual (nothing from Poole/Bournemouth or Haywards Heath/West Sussex Coast) Plenty of trains to York, one toe Lincoln and two new innovations - York-Edinburgh and Britsol-Plymouth. Seems like 60009 is going to be kept busy as it is the advertised motive power for qutie a few of these newly-announced trains. Black Five, however, for Eastbourne and Sherborne - either 45212 or 45305. It would have been good to have seen 60009 down here in Sussex and I guess she would make it to Eastbourne without any problems - apart from possibly Lewes Tunnel - but even with the singling of the track, not a chance of getting through Somerhill, Wadhurst or Mountfield Tunnels on the return run in one piece. Still, here in main line steam-starved East Sussex, anything is welcome. I for one will be delighted to see 45305 or 45212.

12. Kylchap

Kylchap Member

Looks like a repeat of the 2017 Christmas White Rose trips. Headed by an A4 one way and a Duchess(replaced by 46100 last year), acceleration provided by a 47.

andalfi1 likes this.
  13. Bulleid Pacific

Bulleid Pacific Part of the furniture

A Thingy...
    On 17 November to York, it will be interesting to see how one can get from Victoria to Cricklewood via Kenny O without reversing! Suspect it'll go via Chiswick, which was a tried and tested way of accessing the MML from Victoria.

Edinburgh looks to be the most interesting for me, depending on my circumstances- and at a marathon six hours in either direction, it even seems feasible.

14. 30567

30567 Part of the furniture Friend

Just musing from the Dalesman thread re whether 35018 might be intended for the end of southern steam trips on 7 and 9 July and whether the RTC blurb is credible.

15. Big Al

Big Al Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator

There is some status, it seems, being attached to the RTC version of last year's UKRT/MNLPS Bournemouth Belle trip that is copying the format, although probably not with the same favourable path. So my money would be on Merchant 18 appearing down south for that one, if you can afford it.

16. Gladiator 5076

Gladiator 5076 Part of the furniture

Not helped to find a path I suspect due to the extras running every 30 minutes for the Hampton Court Flower Show that seemed to be pathed through Wimbledon on the down main.

17. Oswald T Wistle

Oswald T Wistle Well-Known Member Friend

ESI Eng Manager (Retd)
    Just received an email from RTC, CME of 21 July will be out of Mcr via Chat Moss, Bolton passengers on/off at Wigan NW (NR have a blockade at Bolton station - will they ever finish?). Duchess will not be repaired in time so it will be Leander or Galatea. Hey ho! - again!

andalfi1 likes this.
  18. AMP

AMP Member

Yes I am an active volunteer
    Railway Herald has 35018 as the confirmed loco for both July 7th to Bournemouth and 9th Weymouth. Time to start the rain dances now just in case?

Andrew

19. Bulleid Pacific

Bulleid Pacific Part of the furniture

A Thingy...
    It's been running well on the Scarboroughs, so why not...

20. gricerdon

gricerdon Well-Known Member

Gricer and Grandad
    RTC have told me that 9th July will have a DL on the back.