If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

RTC 2026

Dieses Thema im Forum 'What's Going On' wurde von 2857Harry gestartet, 13 August 2025.

  1. GWR4707

    GWR4707 Nat Pres stalwart

    Registriert seit:
    12 Mai 2006
    Beiträge:
    20.003
    Zustimmungen:
    18.969
    Geschlecht:
    männlich
    Ort:
    Cumbria
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    After the last 18-24 months I would suggest that Tangmere could do with going and sitting in a quiet darkened room for a while...
     
    green five, Mick45305, Paul42 und 2 anderen gefällt dies.
  2. Rander

    Rander Member

    Registriert seit:
    24 Februar 2007
    Beiträge:
    424
    Zustimmungen:
    192
    By my count, it's done about 19,000 miles (73 trips) since January 2024.
     
  3. twr12

    twr12 Well-Known Member

    Registriert seit:
    2 September 2007
    Beiträge:
    1.833
    Zustimmungen:
    1.043
    The RTC website for tours starting in London and South states or has pictures of 44871/45407, 34028 and 35028 for the remainder of this year.
    All of those locos can work with air only, dual or vacuum only brakes stock.
     
    Alex Productions gefällt dies.
  4. Big Al

    Big Al Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator

    Registriert seit:
    30 Mai 2009
    Beiträge:
    24.289
    Zustimmungen:
    25.206
    Ort:
    1016
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Despite its poorly health at times, you have to observe that without Tangmere, WCR would have been hard-pressed to provide anything other that steam for the Jacobite and diesel for everything else over the past x years up north.
     
    green five, Mick45305, Paul42 und 4 anderen gefällt dies.
  5. Alex Productions

    Alex Productions Member

    Registriert seit:
    25 November 2024
    Beiträge:
    397
    Zustimmungen:
    302
    Geschlecht:
    männlich
    Ort:
    West Sussex
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Quite! I'm sure it would appreciate some time off.
     
  6. Rail Ranger

    Rail Ranger New Member

    Registriert seit:
    2 Mai 2018
    Beiträge:
    19
    Zustimmungen:
    16
    Geschlecht:
    männlich
    Ort:
    Altrincham
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    The Great Britain should be more interesting next year!
     
    Kirk Oswald, alts1985 und Alex Productions gefällt dies.
  7. Gladiator 5076

    Gladiator 5076 Resident of Nat Pres

    Registriert seit:
    2 Oktober 2015
    Beiträge:
    10.136
    Zustimmungen:
    8.545
    Geschlecht:
    männlich
    Ort:
    Swanage
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Plus you would have had to move them to Southalland then back again for this trip.
     
  8. Alex Productions

    Alex Productions Member

    Registriert seit:
    25 November 2024
    Beiträge:
    397
    Zustimmungen:
    302
    Geschlecht:
    männlich
    Ort:
    West Sussex
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Completely forgot that trip started in London! My mistake.
     
  9. acorb

    acorb Part of the furniture

    Registriert seit:
    17 Juli 2007
    Beiträge:
    3.818
    Zustimmungen:
    6.802
    Ort:
    Powys
    This is the best news for the mainline steam scene for a number of years. Lets hope a line can be drawn now and Carnforth gets back to doing what it does best.
    I for one will be having another look at RTC and West Coast Tours for next year.
     
    Enterprise, green five, Mick45305 und 7 anderen gefällt dies.
  10. Johnb

    Johnb Nat Pres stalwart

    Registriert seit:
    3 Dezember 2014
    Beiträge:
    16.741
    Zustimmungen:
    20.770
    Geschlecht:
    männlich
    Beruf:
    Retired, best job I've ever had
    Ort:
    Buckinghamshire
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    It certainly need s the valve events looked at
     
  11. Johnb

    Johnb Nat Pres stalwart

    Registriert seit:
    3 Dezember 2014
    Beiträge:
    16.741
    Zustimmungen:
    20.770
    Geschlecht:
    männlich
    Beruf:
    Retired, best job I've ever had
    Ort:
    Buckinghamshire
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I’m pleased for Kelly and RTC. She’s always been so positive and optimistic about getting the Mk1s back
     
    green five, alts1985 und Mick45305 gefällt dies.
  12. wcmlbls1846

    wcmlbls1846 Well-Known Member

    Registriert seit:
    24 April 2009
    Beiträge:
    1.079
    Zustimmungen:
    630
    NathanP und green five gefällt dies.

Die Seite empfehlen