If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Slough Bus Running Day

Discussion in 'Everything Else Heritage' started by MrHillingdon, Jun 2, 2014.

1. MrHillingdon

MrHillingdon Well-Known Member

Sunday saw the Amersham & District Motorbus Society hold their annual Slough bus running day. Yours truly was there to enjoy the spectacle of mainly former green London buses in action around the area. My photos from the excellent event can be seen here. http://paulgildersleve.smugmug.com/...-2014/41296014_KtB8Fh#!i=3287796315&k=tKv6vkr

Regards,

Paul

2. Victor

Victor Nat Pres stalwart Friend

Retired
    Excellent sir as usual, those RM's look well in green.

3. MrHillingdon

MrHillingdon Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir.
    Indeed, the green RML in London Country colours, RML2412, looked quite immaculate.

Regards,

Paul

4. buseng

buseng Part of the furniture

Retired
    Explains why I saw a red RML on the A404 Marlow by-pass on Sunday afternoon then.
    Brings back memories as a kid in the late 50's/early 60's when I was taken from Reading to Berkhamsted to visit relatives.
    This involved a train from Reading to Slough & then a route 353 bus from Slough to Berkhamsted, if I recall a green RT.
    The service originated from Windsor & was a long torturous route (to my young eyes) via The Chalfonts, Amersham & Chesham with a prolonged stop outside Amersham Bus Garage (now gone?).
    Slough has changed greatly since then as well, the ring road has replaced the smaller road (High St?) where I caught the bus outside the station by the railway bridge.