If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

So what will be running in 2018?

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by 1472, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Robin

Robin Well-Known Member Friend

7819 arrived back on the SVR yesterday after 10+ years in the Swindon shopping centre. Due for a spell in the Engine House before overhaul, but its a start.

2. Pete Thornhill

Pete Thornhill Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Administrator Moderator Friend

Don't think it will be running in 2018 mind ;) Good to see it make it home though and hopefully not to many years before we see her working again.

3. Jamessquared

Jamessquared Nat Pres stalwart

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Protected from the weather all that time though - I think the SVR are to be congratulated for a creative bit of storage, that helped protect an out of traffic loco while also no doubt providing a bit of publicity.

Tom

4. Pete Thornhill

And Hagley Hall before that along with 7325. Been a fair few years now since Swindon was without an SVR Loco.

5. Robin

Indeed. Still hoping to see 75069 which optimistically started this thread as a 'mid year' entry.
    :Morewaitingisrequired:

Pete Thornhill likes this.
  6. Robin

May be a while before we see another one - I think the WSR have pinched our parking space. ;)

7. Pete Thornhill

I hope we do too, I can remember spending a week at the WSR when it was down there and failed. Bradley Manor was sent down as a replacement but 75069 was promptly fixed and the pair handled the service between them all week. That must of been 1994 iirc because 7802 hadn’t long been restored.

8. 5944

5944 Resident of Nat Pres

Train Maintainer for GTR at Hornsey
    No I do not currently volunteer
    It was dumped outside at Highley for a while though and looked in a right state before it had a cosmetic overhaul.

https://flic.kr/p/bfkUgn

9. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

No I do not currently volunteer
    It was indeed 1994. I can just about remember her being in use on the WSR during my Summer Holiday that year:
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwifodu2lIPdAhVGrxoKHbUWBFIQjxx6BAgBEAI&url=http://www.wsr.org.uk/photoarchive/1994/003.htm&psig=AOvVaw243PVgbAuFIcGrj3Yn3Olf&ust=1535113071789456