If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Sponsored walk

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by RA & FC, Aug 17, 2010.

1. RA & FC

RA & FC Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    To help raise some funds for the Corwen extension project, myself and mej will be doing a sponsored walk from Ruabon to Barmouth, over the old 'Barmouth road'. Hopefully taking 4 days to walk the 60ish miles.

If anyone would like to sponsor us and help out this project the sponsorship form can be found on the Llangollen railway website, on the breaking news page.

Link here:

http://www.llangollen-railway.co.uk/Matthew Jackson Ruabon Barmouth Form 2.doc

Cheers

Iain

2. MEJ

MEJ New Member

Sponsorship for this walk is progressing well, but if further people wish to sponsor us in this cause, we would be very grateful. "Every little helps" as they say, and with gift aid, we can make a worthy contribution to the Corwen appeal with your help!

3. MEJ

MEJ New Member

Good News!
    On 19th August 2010 Llangollen Railway Trust received the decision letter on the Transport and Works Order from the Welsh Assembly Government. The letter contained the following information:

Its official:

"The Llangollen and Corwen Railway Order will be made on 25th August 2010 and will come into force on 27th August 2010. The Order will be advertised in the London Gazette on 24th August 2010. The Minister has, on making the Order, also directed that planning permission be deemed to be granted for the development specified in the request made pursuant to Rule 10(6)(a) of the Transport and Works (Applications and Objections Procedure)(England and Wales)"

http://www.llangollen-railway.co.uk/breakingnews.html

All we need now is finances to make this dream come nearer to a reality! Please sponsor us in our walk and trains to Corwen will come that bit quicker..!

4. StoneRoad

StoneRoad Member

Restoration of heritage items, mainly in timber.
    Congratulations on the paperwork!
    and Good Luck with the sponsored walk.

Regards
    StoneRoad