If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Station Hall: the finishing touches

Discussion in 'National Railway Museum' started by National Railway Museum, Feb 19, 2013.

1. National Railway Museum

National Railway Museum New Member

Since my last post,*when we made real inroads into the installation work in Station Hall, we’ve been focusing on getting the finishing touches just right.
    [​IMG]Our Conservation team have been installing collection items throughout Station Hall. Here they’re adding some railway maps to the Concourse wall.

[​IMG]They also installed some station totems from our collection.

[​IMG]We’ve also installed graphics throughout the space. Here is our ‘poster cloud’ on the entrance railings to Station Hall. Choosing just 6 posters from our collection of over 10,000 was no mean feat.

[​IMG]The reverse of the poster cloud showcases some of the images from our collection, along with some of the great stories we collected as part of our Station Stories project.

[​IMG]We’ve also opened up our Mark II carriage so that visitors can get in and enjoy watching a film in the carriage.

[​IMG]We’ve also been trialling some steam effects, with more tests to do in the coming weeks.

[​IMG]But my favourite image of the last few weeks has to be this one – I think it shows just how far we’ve come in redeveloping Station Hall, and transforming it into an atmospheric space.

Filed under: Station Hall redevelopment [​IMG] [​IMG]