If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Steam shuttles to link events at York and Shildon

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by railway, Feb 10, 2011.

1. railway

railway New Member

http://rail-news.com/2011/02/09/national-railway-museum-to-host-its-first-cross-site-steam-event/

2. eddief

eddief Member

Yes please! Heard about these a few days ago, going to be fantastic. SNG, 30120 and Truro at one end with Lizze, Leander and a Black 5 at the other, sign me up for a trip now!

3. The Black Hat

The Black Hat Member

Defender of the Faith
    Sounds like a brilliant event with a lot of planning and logistics involved. Certainly going to be a success given the attractions on offer and the haulage available. Is Scotsman working the weekend before the gala, if so, what will it be doing on the gala weekend? Im sure a lot of people will be out in force to see the genuine apple green engine of preservation if it is returned in that condition. SNG and Truro will be a magnificent pairing, even if my own view that 30120 will be a fine example of what a bad locomotive looks like and show all the reasons for getting the J21 overhauled will still be controversial.

I know from experience that the staff and operations of Locomotion at Shildon will make it a freindly and brilliant gala, always being well orchestrated. Its always nice to have these eclectic galas in the North, but I think given the shuttles this will be the busiest yet.

4. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer