If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Swanage Railway 125

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by LN850, Nov 28, 2009.

1. LN850

LN850 Member

Well, now its been announced by the Swanage railway, it seems an ideal time to set up a thread for the event.

Looks to be a fun week, Monday 17th May 2010 to May 23rd 2010. http://www.swanagerailway.co.uk/news611.htm

Maybe a beattie well tank and some wooden bodied 4 wheel coaches to be brought in for the recreation of the first train???

2. lil Bear

lil Bear Part of the furniture

Railway Technician
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    In HR it is mentioned that a Beattie Well Tank will be visiting and that the M7 will also be in operation throughout the event. Also says the Bulleids are unlikely to see any use sadly.

3. John Petley

John Petley Part of the furniture

Researcher/writer and composer of classical music
    And no sooner will these festivites be over then a VERY exciting visitor is due in Swanage the following month: http://www.ukrailtours.com/tourshow...rains&tourfile=100616_THE_PURBECK_TORNADO.txt

I wasn't able to go on any of the through steam trains this year, but once booking starts for this one, I would love to go. I guess I will not be the only one. Just wish the A1 people could hurry up and get 90mph authorisation - it would make the day a little shorter besides being more fun.

4. buzby2

buzby2 Well-Known Member

Two points at this time :

JohnP - John Farrow has noted this as "PROVISIONAL DETAILS" on his UKRailtours website. So far as I'm aware no contract has yet been signed with, nor track access deposit paid to, Swanage Railway. Please don't raise readers' hopes just yet.

MODS - Can JohnP's entry, and my response, please be transferred to the "Main Line" forum please as "The Purbeck Tornado" is a proposed 'standalone' railtour with nothing to do with this theme's event - "Victorian Swanage. A Journey through Time." Many thanks.

5. John Petley

John Petley Part of the furniture

Researcher/writer and composer of classical music
    Sorry if I rambled off the main subject. I saw this on the UKRT website, and got rather excited.