If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Taff Vale 28

Discussion in 'National Railway Museum' started by Matt78, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Matt78

Matt78 Well-Known Member

Solicitor
    Is there any news about the immediate future for this loco? I notice there is a passing reference to it in this month's Steam Railway mag.

2. its in How do we put it more bits that 4472 ever was!

3. Anthony Coulls

Anthony Coulls Well-Known Member

As before, it is part of a plan. All will be made clear when there's something to tell you. sorry for not giving details, but it wouldn't be right at the moment.

4. JWKB

JWKB Member

Mr Coulls,

The above post from my friend Matt has left me pondering a question that hopefully you will know the answer to. If a group wanted to take on a NRM item whether it be and engine or a coach, what criteria would have to be met?

Obviously there would have to be a clear plan on how an overhaul would be done and funded etc but what other things are consider?

Are things like covered accommodation critical and what would the biggest deciding factors be?

5. Jark91

Jark91 Member

This is something I've been wondering myself. I hope somebody provides an answer. Also would the NRM ever consider selling any of their exhibits (on the steam front) or is everything they have considered 'essential' to the collection?

6. The NRM Cannot sell any of there items i don't think they can be disassociated and ownership passed over to a Group As was done with The class 50 Glorious,
    Covered accommodation is A must and also i think a timescale must be placed down