If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

The Mayflower 11 September

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by claud hamilton, Jul 9, 2010.

1. buseng

buseng Part of the furniture

Retired
    Can you tell me if my two texts (one info request & one update) from Theale about 9.00pm-9.10pm got through? My mobile No. is 0785*1*5*06. As I said, I subscribed about 6.00pm & did not unsubscribe. I did not receive one text about this tour from 6pm until the end.

2. admin

admin Founder Administrator

Founder National Preservation
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Both we're submitted perfectly.
    Last update apart from yours was @ 12:07:07

3. buseng

buseng Part of the furniture

Retired
    Good I'm glad it all worked. So seems as well as my 2 texts, there were 3 others from 3 other people the last one being at midday before mine.

4. No.7

No.7 Well-Known Member

Our contribution of mainly on-train footage but also 60019 at Newbury, 5029+60019 at Plymouth and 5029 off to the WSR at Taunton at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WSEHLultpE

Very start stop day, the stop on Whiteball has already been discussed, but the stop at Westbury was curious, The line was showing clear round the avoiding line but we stopped, the signal was reset and we proceed thought the station. Is there a clearance problem on the avoiding line? that means we have to go through the station?

The problem with coach J I think was a WCR problem not railway touring, anyway for those of us in coach H we had the happy result of being that bit closer to the locos.

Finally the sound combination of an A4 and a Castle is one of the strangest sounds I have heard. As we climbed the banks you could hear the rapid purring beat of a Gresley A4 then the staccato blast of a Castle, then the A4 again, very disconcerting!

Thanks to all involved, especially the A4 support crew who must have had a very very long day. Looking forward to next Sunday…

5. Dan Hill

Dan Hill Part of the furniture

Brick Machine Operator
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I think RTC staff said that the orginal coah for coach J wasn't sent from Carnforth so another was found which was a first class which had too smaller seating I believe but nice that we got a first class seat. Strangely coach J was about 3 coaches from 60019 on the way down and its whistles seemed very faint but seemed louder when further away.

6. spindizzy

spindizzy Member

Some of us gave up our seats as there weren't enough for the booked passengers and had to stand all the way.

7. SteamHawk216

SteamHawk216 Member

Retired, my occupation for the rest of my life.
    No I do not currently volunteer