If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

'The Peak Forester' 46115 St Pancras to Matlock (5/3/11)

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by acorb, Jan 15, 2011.

1. acorb

acorb Part of the furniture

Letter arrived today stating 'Operational Difficulties' & desire to run the tour in it's original format next year. Disappointing. I would say this has more to do with the unavailability 70000 and weight restrictions on them Matlock branch.

2. Sheff

Sheff Resident of Nat Pres

Retired Engineer & Heritage Volunteer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I have it on very good authority that the PR is being somewhat economical with the truth here, to say the least.

Let’s say you’d been down your local Ferrari dealer several times this year and said you’d like to buy a new car, but it had to be a particular colour, and be fitted with a mini-bar, disco ball and a foot spa, but you couldn’t pay for it or take delivery until your new dropped-kerb drive was ready and connected to the highway.

So after several false dawns, the dealer puts your car on the back burner back in March. You then ring up last week and tell them the drive is finished, although the council haven’t yet inspected it and signed it off, but it’s going to be OK, honest guv. So you’d like the car delivered in a couple of weeks please.

Not surprisingly, the dealer turns round and says “we don’t have that vehicle in stock for delivery on that date”. "However, by pulling out all the stops we could deliver the followoing week?" To which you respond, " Sorry mate, but we're a bit busy that weekend".

So the PR statement isn’t wrong, but it’s far from the whole truth, misleading and, I would say, very unfair on WCRC.

Unless of course you know differently? ………… Iain

3. Mike Delamar

Mike Delamar Member

would it not be better to leave it on the peak rail site, but mark it as cancelled, with maybe a reason and to say it may run at a later date?

rather than just take it off the site and pretend it was never happening.

Mike