If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

The Power of Four - Kirklees 11th and 12th September 2010

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by Antwerp the great, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Antwerp the great

Antwerp the great New Member

The Friends of the Kirklees Light Railway will be holding their 5th Annual Steam & Diesel Gala Weekend over the 11th and 12th September. This years event is entitled "The Power of Four" as it is featuring four and eight coupled locomotives. Confirmed visitors so far are (all subject to availability):-

Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway No. 4 "The Bug" 0-4-0TT Built Krauss 1926 from the RH&DR
    LNER 04 No.6284 2-8-0 Built Turner/Crome/Loxley 2008 from the Cleethorpes Coast Light Railway
    "St Egwin" 0-4-0TT Built Exmoor Steam Railway 2003 from the Evesham Vale Light Railway

Sadly the hoped for visit of "Yvette" the D49 based at the Cleethorpes Coast Light Railway will not be happening though we have been promised a suprise mystery engine from the CCLR which fits the theme of the event. Nevertheless it will be a chance to see an 04 in the South Pennine foothills once again!

Trains will be departing Clayton West station every half an hour from 10:00 each day and as is now the tradition the 17:00 departure on the Sunday will be hauled by as many locomotives as possible. Lineside photographic passes and Rover tickets will be available.

Aside from the 15 inch gauge trains there will be a display of classic and vintage vehicles, a model exhibtion and a Craft fair.

Should you require any further information please contact the office at Clayton West Station on 01484 865727 or email info@kirkleeslightrailway.com

Further details will be posted on our websites www.kirkleeslightrailway.com and www.friendsofklr.co.uk nearer the time.

2. steamingyorkshire

steamingyorkshire Well-Known Member

Lecturer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Sounds like it'll be a cracker of an event. I've never been to one of your gala's before, but always heard great things about them. I think I may make a trip down from the Tanfield on the Sunday. =]

3. Antwerp the great

Antwerp the great New Member

Just a reminder about this event which is taking place at the weekend. The visitng engines that are here are The Bug from Romney, St Egwin from Evesham Vale, the 04 and Sutton Flyer from Cleethorpes. All have passed their fitness to run exams and have put some spirited performances in up the hill (3.5 miles of ruling 1 in 70) so it should be quite a good and noisy weekend!