If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

The Valentine White Rose (RTC) 12/2/22

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by neildimmer, Jan 20, 2022.

1. 30567

30567 Part of the furniture Friend

Probably not. There was a run by 6233 in 2005 from KX to Darlington via the ECML in 2005 to view Tornado under construction. The A1LST page says that was the first run by a semi from KX for 41 years. Looking at Six Bells the one I can find there is 46245 from KX to Doncaster and back, a very famous run apparently where they went rather fast down Stoke Bank for some unknown reason. Before that, nothing that fits the bill in the sixties. And the route for the 1948 exchanges with 46236 was KX to Leeds.

Edit never say never --- try this!! https://locoperformance.tripod.com/edition22/r46229scb1985.htm

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    MarkinDurham likes this.
  2. torgormaig

torgormaig Part of the furniture Friend

Thanks for the Edit Peter. I had a feeling that Hamilton had gone round through Selby that day but could not find the details. Six Bells Junction is excellent when it has what you want but very frustrating when the tour you are after is not there. It was one that I missed out on as I was at work that day.

Peter