If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Thefts and Vandalism

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by rough-shunter, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Muppet

Muppet Member

Re: Thefts from Embsay and KWVR (can you help?)

Unfortunately another coach has been targeted, despite a change in where the rolling stock is stored.

Selfish little @#$*!s

2. Re: Thefts from Embsay and KWVR (can you help?)

as a member of the ydr I'm frankly disgusted and am thinking of setting up a website to target incidents of vandalism and thefts any takers.
    Tim are the coaches stored at the shed end or BA of he line as neither are Ina accessible position paticuly at embassy

3. Colinrelfe

Colinrelfe Member

Just reading today that the price of copper is now over £4000 per ton. Unfortunately this will make railways a target as copper is used in various locations.

PS the amount of copper in a 2p piece is now worth 3p!!!

4. bob22

bob22 New Member

does that me the currency should change

5. Muppet

Muppet Member

more

I'm afraid I have to report yet more mindless graffitti - 9 coaches on Monday night / early Monday morning - same tags as before. 2 locos also suffered from 'tagging'.
    Thanks to sterling efforts by a number of members this has now been tidied up, but the true costs of these repeated attacks are immense - especially to get the coaches back to the state they were in.

They need to be shot.

6. Re: Thefts from Embsay and KWVR (can you help?)

tim as a member of the ydr cant some tiype of over night security be organized or even some cheap cctv

7. Re: Thefts from Embsay and KWVR (can you help?)

i for one would be willing tosleep on platform 2 over night

8. Re: Thefts from Embsay and KWVR (can you help?)

the offer still standsand it allways will aslong as soome food s provided and a tv to watch a dvd

9. Guest

Guest Part of the furniture Account Suspended

Occasional

and a few others sleep in the coaches - with the odd baseball bat, rottweiler, and stinger, so that you can beat them, bite them and when they try to run, stop them and do it again!

I'm joking of course :-k

10. D1039

D1039 Guest

11. Calan

Calan Member

Student & Volunteer.

What a waste of time, Steeling these iteams wont get them any money, antique dealers should be told so they wil not except them.

12. lil Bear

lil Bear Part of the furniture

Railway Technician
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer

Its the scrap value though, as once something has been scrapped there is no trace.

13. KieranPilsworth

KieranPilsworth Member

Hi all, just mto let everybody know.

Oxenhope station was grafity attacked today, and has been hit quite badly.

Most of the santa set, station buildings and water tower. #-o [-(

14. Sheff

Sheff Resident of Nat Pres

Retired Engineer & Heritage Volunteer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    What a bunch of total bar stewards. I painted that water column when it was first erected.

I suppose we're lucky this has never happened before in a big way IIRC. Let's hope the scroats don't make a habit of it and it can be removed OK. Still going to cost though, and could put off the punters too if not shifted by the weekend :smt013

15. KieranPilsworth

KieranPilsworth Member

it'll be shifted by the weekend. Team was up there today as well as teams there tomorrow and friday.
    Santa set is the main concern as it canot be swapped about easily. Typical that the newly painted brake was done most !

16. right well this isnt goog im getting sick of it seems to be with inn a area of 50 miles too including the nrm embsay and elr

17. KieranPilsworth

KieranPilsworth Member

Was up at Oxenhope today.
    The council cleaning team were brought in to help clean up. Most things were ready by the time I had left mid afternoon! =D>

18. Flange bandit!

Flange bandit! New Member

retired

Scrap is on the up at the moment, some scumbag gypos tried to load £3000 worth of catering bbqs on the back of a truck that were stored behind my mates butchers shop. They got seen and stopped but hurled loads of abuse at the poor lads in the shop. They just helped themselves as the stuff was not bolted down.

19. RedCoat

RedCoat New Member

Theft from County School station

A Permaquip rail trolley was stolen from the Mid-Norfolk Railway's County School station over the New Year period. We would appreciate people keeping an eye open for anyone offering one to your line! The trolley was heavily chained and padlocked, and whoever stole it would have had to be equipped with tools to break the chain, lift it over a level crossing gate and a large enough vehicle to transport the trolley from site.

Also, considering the limited use of these trolleys and the effort that seems to have gone into this theft, we would advise all local lines to be aware that this may have been stolen as part of a more complex plan to steal from another site.

Richard Cullen
    Site Manager, County School station

20. stepney60

stepney60 Nat Pres stalwart

I have amalgamated the various threads for stolen items into this one thread so they are all together and hopefully will lead to more people seeing the details