If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Tornado/A1LT/UKR Kings X/Chesterfield Sat 13th August

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by alastair, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Bulleid Pacific

Bulleid Pacific Part of the furniture

A Thingy...
    The 'fixed' lamp attached to 60019 on the 90mph runs looks remarkably similar to those used on Bulleids or later LNER locomotive designs. With my 'armchair engineer' hat on (usual caveats apply), there are three issues: adequacy of the power source, a possible rewire and a new bulb type; I can't see any of these being insurmountable. It might be more of a challenge on locomotives without fixed lights, but one would have thought that an A4 requires the most complex design solution because of the casing, so a locomotive with running plate should prove less of a challenge.

Regardless, its NR that has the final say, so unless they, and subsequently the owners are obliging, all we can do is mull it over.

2. Yorkshire Exile

Yorkshire Exile Member

Codger and retired trustee of A1SLT
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I was under the impression that the "fixed" HI lamp carried by number 19 on the 90 mph run was in fact borrowed from 60163.