If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Trevor Simpson

Discussion in 'National Railway Museum' started by Anthony Coulls, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Anthony Coulls

Anthony Coulls Well-Known Member

It is with deep sadness that I have to announce that Trevor Simpson, the NRM's woodwork technician, coachbuilder, shunter and all round diesel wallah passed away this morning after an illness. He'll be missed by all staff and volunteers, as well as the wider railway network, both main line and heritage.

Rest in peace Trev.

2. Sugar Palm 60526

Sugar Palm 60526 Member

NYMR Driver, NELPG Member
    I have only know Trevor for a short while but spent several happy evenings, this year, driving the Class 37 with him as minder, on the NYMR dining train. He was always a pleasure to be with. We will miss him.

3. theblackwatch

theblackwatch New Member

A very sad loss, not only for the NRM but for railway preservation. Trevor was much more than a 9-5 employee of the NRM, I do hope they will do something to mark his passing. I'd known Trevor since the days I went spotting at York when the Deltics were still in service, and the last time I had his company was on the Scarboro Spa Express back in August, only a couple of weeks before he was taken ill. RIP.