If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Trip Advisor, Customer Service and the future of our railways

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by Sidmouth, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Wenlock

Wenlock Well-Known Member Friend

Bus Driver
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    It does regularly surprise me the number of sites which do not have an obvious tab or link to either a timetable page or calendar of service.
    In some cases this may simply be that the timetables have not yet been finalised, and the links to same have been hidden until ready. However many people including myself like to plan ahead for our limited free time. Some lines manage to publish their timetables early enough and make them easily available on the website, but some may be losing custom by failing to do so.

2. Steve B

Steve B Well-Known Member

And surely, if the timetables haven't yet been finalised, it's not difficult to put a note on the website saying that "the railway will re-open on ... further details will be published shortly". I would be astonished if any railway doesn't yet know their re-opening date at least!

Steve B

The Dainton Banker and jnc like this.