If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

#TwitterSteamRally

Discussion in 'Everything Else Heritage' started by I. Cooper, May 9, 2020.

1. I. Cooper

I. Cooper Member

For anyone prepared to get into the spirit of making the best of things, and who isn't allergic to social media, today is the "TwitterSteamRally", hosted across Facepest and the Twit-o-sphere, https://twittersteamrally.co.uk. Basically for those so equipped start searching for #TwitterSteamRally.

The result of a suggestion made by Anthony Coulls' youngest daughter, and then picked up and embraced by others, the aim is to raise money for a number of worthy charities chosen by Charlie, whilst attending probably the largest virtual steam rally in the world, and potentially the only steam rally that will take place this year.

A range of merchandise has been produced and even special event ale brewed (although clearly a bit late for pre-orders now). Everyone with Mamods/miniatures/ or even those with full size steam at home are invited to get into the garden, play and share their daft activities with others.

...a few 16mm and 5" gauge railways have been spotted, and even "Flying Scotsman" was seen wheeled out on a loadloader onto the rally field earlier in the week as preparations for the event took place.

(you don't have to be mad to take part - but it sure as hell helps!)

William Fletcher likes this.