If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Weardale and Teesdale Line

Discussion in 'Train Simulators' started by Stuart666, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Stuart666

Stuart666 New Member

This is coming out soon for Trains Simulator. Its set in the early 1960s, right before they started closing chunks of the network under the Beeching cuts. Features a Class 25, class 101 and a 37 and and 08, including various bits of stock.

2. Evan DMU

Evan DMU New Member

Mind-blowing if you know the area. Most excellent. One criticism though. The DMU is standing in BA platform in first gear, and to move off the operator moves the gear lever to second. Later on, near Shildon, it's batting along with the gear selector in neutral. Gears go (from the top) 1-2-3-4-N.
    I'd love to see the bits up the Weardale branch as I'm one of the drivers on that line!

3. Stuart666

Stuart666 New Member

Yeah, its commonly noted in the video the driver isnt much good. Having met the man I couldn't possibly comment. :D

The author actually has a blog up on the route, there is some shots of St Johns Chapel, no longer open obviously but just a bit up the line from the Weardale branch. There may be some shots of Stanhope on there as well, im not sure.
    http://dereksiddle.blogspot.co.uk/

4. david1984

david1984 Resident of Nat Pres

Might have to buy that in future, of the steam era routes that I've done, The Western Lines of Scotland (Carlisle - Stranraer) is by far and away the best for scenary detail and interest while playing, though Woodhead, Falmouth and the S&D are decent.

5. Stuart666

Stuart666 New Member

Yeah I really like the Stranraer route. There are gradients on that which really make a Black 5 sweat. Keith also did the Shap route, which although a more modern era is also a heck of a lot of fun, particularly for steam railtours.

At the moment Im currently working on a modified version of the Settle and Carlisle route, set as it would have been (or as close as I can get) to how it was in the mid 1970s. Hopefully when I finish Kingsmoor I can finish it up and do scenarios for it. Free to download for anyone whom has already bought the S and C for Railworks already.
    http://railworks.wikia.com/wiki/Settle_to_Carlisle_1975

6. Stuart666

Stuart666 New Member

Another video showing a bit more of the route. I like the music, it reminds me of one of the British Rail adverts.:D