If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

'Welcome Home!' - 45170 at B&KR 15th November

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by steam_mad, Nov 3, 2014.

1. steam_mad

steam_mad Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    We will be having a “Welcome Home” event at Bo’ness on Saturday 15 November from 11am till 2pm, when the locomotive will be on display on the platform so that you can see her in all her glory – bumps, bruises and all. The cafe will be open for teas and coffees, there will be a chance to purchase the first bits of merchandise that have been produced and get a few photos for the album. Members will be admitted free of charge on production of their valid membership card, while a £2 platform ticket will be available for non-members – waived if you buy a pint glass or mug. This will be you’re only chance to view 45170 outside prior to her movement into the Museum of Scottish Railways, so ensure to bring your family and friends!

2. Charles Parry

Charles Parry Member

Probably best to mention what loco... Took my 10 minutes of googling to figure out it is 45170.

3. steam_mad

steam_mad Member

While admittedly accidentally omitted from the title , the locomotive's number is featured in the main body of text. No need for googling.

4. BKR Ross

BKR Ross New Member

Network Rail S&T/SRPS Fireman
    It's promising to be a good day! We will hopefully have austerity number 7 (WD 75254) in steam thus having two locomotives built for the war department together at Bo'ness during the event.

We'll post further updates of what's happening on the day as we get closer to it!

5. Reading General

Reading General Part of the furniture

hopefully some other number will be worn. How unfortunate that their numbers should clash with black 5s!

6. ADB968008

ADB968008 Guest

Maybe that's what confused the group selling the boiler off 44901...