If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Welsh Highland Opened to Pont Croesor

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Railways' started by narrowgauge, May 23, 2010.

1. Anthony Coulls

Anthony Coulls Well-Known Member

I'm in there at 1 minute 50!

2. jtx

jtx Well-Known Member

Happily retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I'm assuming you mean 1 hour 50, Anthony. If you can do it in one minute 50, you must be wearing a blue suit with a red "S" on the chest, a cape and your underpants outside your trousers. I didn't notice you wearing it on Wednesday!

Regards,

jtx

3. Sheff

Sheff Resident of Nat Pres

Retired Engineer & Heritage Volunteer
    Errrr - I think Anthony's refering to the video, not climbing Snowdon LOL

4. RGCorris

RGCorris Member

Enjoyed a trip from Pont Croesor to Rhyd Ddu and back in the sunshine yesterday, Garrett up and twin diesels back, riding in the opens in both directions. First time I had ridden south of Rhyd Ddu and it is quite a journey - whoever said that PC to Nantmor is boring didn't have an appreciation of mountain scenery ! Interesting to look out for the enthusiast-y things like Croesor Junction and the remains of the PB&SS either side of Beddgelert. I do worry that the car park at PC may be insufficient during the summer peak, and the Portakabins for booking office/shop (which was being internally set up during the morning and progressed significantly while we were up the line - now for some electricity supply !) and the toilets are prominently ugly, but I suppose they will only be there until the line extends to Port. And while I understand the necessity, the series of "7-car Stop" etc. boards on the south side of Nantmor Halt jarred a bit. Nevertheless, it is a spectacular ride and, whatever you think of the politics, an amazing achievement for which all involved should be congratulated.

Richard

5. jtx

jtx Well-Known Member

Happily retired
    Thinks: Really must wake up before attempting to operate computer.:sleep: