If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

What is a model railway?

Discussion in 'Model Railways' started by pete2hogs, Jun 10, 2009.

1. 34007

34007 Part of the furniture

Well you have shouted about my ideas and not seeing what I am getting at - this could go on for a very, very long time.....

Trouble is you depict a layout (Okay may not be to everybody's taste) But everyone will try and depict a scene on a layout to their own taste....

Ta for now...

2. 34007

34007 Part of the furniture

Huh, eh, what????

Hands Tied? Don't get you're meaning on that one...... The trackplan is always going to be available to the likes of you and I on a region and alike, through researching! To create what we or anyone else wants to create and any Southern Steam (For example) and based on a real section for the members of the public to see is what is going to want them to keep going.....

3. SpudUk

SpudUk Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I have no idea what either of you two are talking about...I think you have a large number of crossed wires!

4. Old Kent Biker

Old Kent Biker Member

ex IT Consultant
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I was at the Chatham Show last weekend, operating "County Gate" - a computer-controlled, super-detailed, very highly researched, professionally-built, internationally acclaimed, L&B-inspired, OO9 layout (not my own, I hasten to add!)

Behind us was another layout - it comprised a grey-painted flat baseboard, three ovals of Hornby OO setrack, no scenery, three surface-mounted controllers, and Thomas, Henry and Toby travelling at about 300 mph! Children as young as perhaps 2 or 3 were able to operate that layout, and had great fun with it too. Both layouts - and many others besides - were well patronised by the visiting public, both brought pleasure to some, and neither would appeal to everybody. There is room for all in this hobby - and long may it remain that way!

5. ADB968008

ADB968008 Guest

A Model Railway is a minature of the real thing.

There is no rule that defines the Accuracy or Quality of that minature... otherwise it would lose all the fun of doing it.