If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Willesden Duchesses

Discussion in 'Bullhead Memories' started by Tiviot Dale, Mar 11, 2014.

1. royals pete

royals pete Member

TIVIOT DALE..Great thread this, ; I first fell in love with them (like others) when I was at Wolverton Grammar and the Euston line skirted the bottom of the playing field ! Reading so much info is memory searching, evocative and encouraging to know that so many people can recall the same sort of events. This thread has pushed me to rescuing loads of paperwork to sort through various railtour logs and shed bashing info from early '60s. Plenty for dark winter nights I think. BUT..plenty of other research and logging stuff happening and your recollection of the football specials 15/3/64 made me think of another thread which I hope to contribute a lot too in due course. www.sixbellsjunction.co.uk is where was directed on NatPres site recently and I note that the author has no mention of those specials...AS YET !! It does seem an endless job he's doing; but what a record is being built. Hope you're enjoying your Duchess run today; photos and vids on another thread...excellent. Just LOVE HER eh !!?? Pete. ps All that overhead steelwork..is that what Reading will look like soon !!!

2. 60017

60017 Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Retired from corporate slavery :o)
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I must echo that completely. I bought my copy direct from the publisher and after opening it I just couldn't put it down. Exceptionally well-written and the photographs are superb. It fires so many happy memories of living and 'spotting' in Lancaster during that summer and being at Carlisle to watch the change-over with 60007 on that final day. We are so lucky to have people such as Alan Castle, prepared to bite the bullet and record such events for us all to see in print. Well done!