If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Winter In The Harz

Discussion in 'International Heritage Railways/Tramways' started by acw71000, Feb 18, 2017.

1. PamW

PamW New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    We checked the webcams each morning Fred and what we saw, combined with the weather forecast, influenced our planning for the day. We checked several times during the morning too in case things had improved. It wasn't a problem as on our previous three visits to the area we have experienced the Brocken in mostly good sunny conditions.

2. acw71000

acw71000 Member Friend

A final video from the Harz, this time featuring a few scenes from the Harzquerbahn and a rather wet Selketalbahn

ragl and Bean-counter like this.
  3. Fred Kerr

Fred Kerr Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Freelance photo - journalist
    Apologies for trying to "teach Granny to suck eggs" ! but many visitors are unaware that sometimes Brocken can be above the clouds - and not in the clouds.

4. D6513

D6513 New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    When the weathers bad just ride the trains and enjoy the experience! I've still been defeated getting good photos and videos by bad weather. I can't wait to try again in the summer, I took my German girlfriend last time I went and she loved it especially Wernigerode and the Christmas markets! She had never been despite living not too far away. P.s. Anyone know if v200.033 is running this summer?