If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Winter Running in Manchester

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by DJH, Nov 25, 2010.

1. DJH

DJH Member

Graduate Engineer
    Just a quick note to mention that Planet will be running at MOSI (The Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester) on certain days through December and early January. As usual full details can be found here:

http://www.mosi.org.uk/whats-on/train-rides

Regards

Duncan

2. Robert Heath No.6

Robert Heath No.6 Well-Known Member

Any idea when this was last updated? All rides were caped 'due to a technical problem' and the loco dead in the museum building a few weeks ago...

3. DJH

DJH Member

Graduate Engineer
    Hi,

The normal operating season normally ends at the end of October and restarts around February and so a few weeks ago Planet would be out for winter maintenance. Its due to be back running again from the 4th of December in the few weekends before Christmas and a few days between Christmas and New Year. Wasn't aware of 'due to a technical problem' but I'm probably not the best to advise on this aspect I'm afraid. There are other members on here that are far more knowledgeable than me on that side of things. As far as the link probably within the last week or so as it originally said dates to be confirmed about a week ago.

Regards
    Duncan

4. Robert Heath No.6

Robert Heath No.6 Well-Known Member

Think it was the 31st I went, but it was no more specific than 'a technical problem', so I suppose it could've been as little as a washout translated into layman's terms...

5. 504

504 New Member

Planet has had a V&P exam and a few jobs done over the last couple of weeks, on thurs it had a boiler exam which it passed and then did some shunting in the yard.
    It will be runing 4th and 5th, 11th and 12th, 18th and 19th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th and the 31st Dec and then on the 2nd Jan 2011.

Work is continuing on 0-4-0 Agecroft 1 with boiler back in the frames maybe before xmas.

Planet WILL be going on holiday next year to other railways, but cant tell you which yet.

6. DJH

DJH Member

Graduate Engineer
  7. MEJ

MEJ New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Despite the slightly misleading photos on the website, all trains over the Winter period will be handled by "Agecroft No.1". "Planet" should then take over trains again in February Half Term.

8. DJH

DJH Member

Graduate Engineer
    A reminder of winter running this week:

DSCF4892.JPG

Regards

Duncan

9. DJH

DJH Member

Graduate Engineer