If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Worcester Christmas tour - 1st Dec.

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by johnnew, Nov 27, 2012.

1. swanny

swanny Member

Only an audio clip here with 6201 getting away from Reading on the return. A Voyager heads towards Reading at the start before we pick up 6201 with a leaking cylinder but accelerating hard. Hope the problem is not too serious and can be fixed by Tuesday... Listen with headphones if you can.

6201 Princess Elizabeth departs Reading

2. Duty Druid

Duty Druid Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Some great photo's and video's there guys :D

Shame the weather didn't play ball first thing yesterday, a 'bit' foggy to say the least, as seen here! _DSR3862_1024x678.jpg

And not quite so much here, once she was 'clear' of the fog bank.

Steam Railway Photography in the UK | 6201 Princess Elizabeth - The Worcester Christmas Anniversary Fayre 01.12.12.

And I think this video (from a good friend and linked with his permission) pretty much shows how bad it was first thing

6201 PRINCESS ELIZABETH .Sat.1st.Dec.2012 - YouTube

3. RalphW

RalphW Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Administrator Friend

Retired-ish, Part time rail tour steward.
    No I do not currently volunteer
    That Kristian is a stunning shot in the mist, and then the final one in the dark with just the rising sound.... Who needs full sun..

4. D1059

D1059 Member

Rather Giffordesque - very atmospheric

STEVE

5. BR 73082

BR 73082 Member

Well done to all on here, some fantastic pictures and videos from the lineside. Thoroughly enjoyable (but cold!) day yesterday. The outward run was good with lots of noise from 6201 even 9 coaches back. Big thank you to West Coast for not turning the stock at Worcester, I know there was some debate as to whether they were going to due to the train being quite long but after the stock was shunted Lizzie came off, diesel ran round and Lizzie went off round the triangle, jobs a good'un!

Return run was storming with the climb of Sapperton being dealt with in style. Tornado passing us at Swindon must have been the highlight of the day, managed to find a window on the right side just before it came through. Wow! The run between Didcot and Reading was very good too, again with 6201 showing what it can do. Spoke to a member of the support crew (sorry, never caught your name) who confirmed that the diesel was indeed doing nothing and was there for heat. Standing at the front window from Worcester to Paddington was very cold but worth every moment! A 12 minute early arrival into Paddington was a good way to round off the tour.

Will upload some pictures later tonight. Thanks to all involved with the tour, lets hope 6201 is back soon after Tuesday.

6. Ben Vintage-Trains

Ben Vintage-Trains Member

James, thank-you for capturing that moment! It was a bit of a treat to see two large pacifics together by chance on the mainline.

There was someone standing next to me on the platform filming from another angle - I hope that person posts their video as well.

Even though we were held at Swindon for 10+ mins, we still made it back to Paddington 12 mins early. 6201 performed exceptionally all day.

Thanks to all the 6201PELS for letting me moonlight as support crew for the day.

7. BR 73082

BR 73082 Member

8. Duty Druid

Duty Druid Resident of Nat Pres

Yes I am an active volunteer
    Ta muchly :D