If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

WSR Winter Steam Festival 2008

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by keith speller, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Autotank

Autotank Member

Radio Producer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    What a fantastic day I had at the WSR on Monday. The turntable looks fantastic and I'm sure the excellent cafe will do really well. I hope they treasure the expensive new piece of kit and manage to spin at least a loco a day during the peak season as it is a great spectacle.

I stuck to the unamed engines most of the day as their trains weren't like sardine cans. Had a great run behind the taffy tank - what a great engine which I'm sure is capable of handling the heaviest trains that heritage line can throw at her. Was really impressed with the finish on Braunton - hope it won't be too long until we see her on the main line.

Can't wait until my next visit to the WSR now!

2. nanstallon

nanstallon Part of the furniture

Retired
    Winter Steam Festival was good. Braunton looked splendid as did 88 and 6695 - these were my main reasons to come. WSR is always friendly, and unspolied by success.

John

3. Nigel Clark

Nigel Clark Member Loco Owner

Network Rail Signalman
    Glad you like her Autotank, haven't yet had the chance to do full load tests with her, maximum so far I think is 6 coaches plus an idling class 33 Swanage to Norden all taken very much in her stride. Of course if anyone at WSR would care to try her with a heavier train......................just let me know so that I can witness it!!!!!

4. lil Bear

lil Bear Part of the furniture

Railway Technician
    5643 took 8 up Berwyn Bank (1in85) with no problems. 6619 also works 7 coach trains up Grosmont Bank (1in49). So no reason why 6695 couldn't do something similar elsewhere. They may not be the fastest but they are certainly gutsy little locos.

5. twr12

twr12 Well-Known Member

5643 took 8 up Berwyn Bank (1in85) with no problems. 6619 also works 7 coach trains up Grosmont Bank (1in49). So no reason why 6695 couldn't do something similar elsewhere. They may not be the fastest but they are certainly gutsy little locos.[/quote:3qazj2o1]

When 6695 visited North Norfolk Railway, they said it was the best accelerating loco up their hill they had ever had.

6. Ooops - two years late with this info!

As part of ongoing testing of various information gathering andinformation sharing systems, several live messages may be issued on 29 Dec during the WSF.

Although not officially issued, the messages will related to real events, such as late running or loco swops.

To access the messages visit http://twitter.com/#!/WsrInfoLive Also, if you have a mobile phone and a twitter account you can set up your mobile to receive tweets.

Steve